Lake Gibson Middle School’s mission is to develop successful students by providing experiences through college and career pathways.
We Believe That
- Students can and will learn, with encouragement from parents, teachers and staff.
- Honesty and hard work are essential.
- Achievement will occur by students participating in interactive learning experiences.
- Respecting self and others and showing pride in your school is essential.
- Knowledge will be achieved through partnerships with school, families, and community.
- School will be a safe environment by being alert, aware, and proactive.
Lake Gibson Middle School has a proud and distinguished heritage. Built and dedicated in 1975 as Lake Gibson Junior High with grades 7,8, and 9, the school adopted the middle school concept in 1994 and was renamed Lake Gibson Middle School with grades 6, 7, and 8. In 1996, the school added a two-story building to house an additional 16 classrooms. The school houses eight portable classrooms due to the continued growth of our student population.
We are located in North Lakeland and have a large feeder pattern with seven elementary schools that feed into Lake Gibson Middle. Lake Gibson Middle School’s population is currently over 1100 students.
Lake Gibson Middle is a NO BULLY ZONE
You can help us by having a serious conversation with your child about bullying. Please emphasize that it is never OK to be on either end. Students who are the target of bullies should always tell a trusted adult. Students who bully others need to realize that bullying behavior is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. If you have concerns that you child is being bullied, please contact administration or guidance immediately so the matter can be addressed.